December 02, 2004

Bridge on the River Kwai

Rajesh was knocked down by a car last evening while riding Umesh's bike. Miraculously, he only got away with a few bruises. The driver of the car was DUI and when I got there, he was guzzling litres of water (to pass the breath analyser test and to drain the alcohol from his blood stream). There are so many things one should remember to do/not to do when one is involved in an accident. Like not removing the vehicle till a cop gets to the site- even if it takes him an hour. Maybe I'll research this further. God knows, I wanted to hang around at the accident site (long after I wasn't required) just to get an experience of how such things get resolved.
When I got home though, I didn't tell anyone about the accident because— I wanted to borrow my brother's bike to go for a movie. As it was, my mum was anxious about the traffic and my no-license status. Anyway to cut a long story short, I did make it to the movie (10 minutes late) and only twenty minutes later did I realise I was sitting right next to Neeta, Shaalini and Abhishek. Shalu was as surprised as I was!
Coming to the movie itself, ah, I enjoyed it! Lovely cinematography! This epic film is loosely based on a real life incident during the second World War. Directed by David Lean it picked up 7 Oscars. William Holden as Colonel Nicholson performed brilliantly. A lot of the phrases he used reminded me of my Dad like- 'matter of principle', and others. Guess the film must have been a big influence on my Dad when he was growing up. In fact, I went only because mum and dad have spoken so much about it!

1 Comments:

At 3:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The marching tune is a classic too.

Raj shekhar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home